Covid 19 - Our commitment to you
During these extraordinary times we want to take this opportunity to let you know about what we are doing to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience when you come to visit us.
Our team have been busy, re-stocking the nursery with the very best quality plants, trees and shrubs you can buy and although this current situation has made particular plants and varieties difficult to source, our collections and general levels of stock are greater than ever before. We have also created many new areas to shop, dwell and enjoy over the past few months with beautiful new displays offering so many special things or just lovely ideas to take home. We are especially excited about the new and larger tree area where all ornamental and fruit trees can be seen together with expert advice always on hand. Tunnel two is now also open for customers providing more space for specialist and rare varieties of plants.
The shop and glasshouse have also undergone a change around with many different items and ranges to now explore in their respective beautiful environments – the sense of adventure and anticipation of surprising finds remains though!
From Monday 6th July the café will be reopening in full and we are looking forward to welcoming everyone back, to enjoy the complete nursery experience once again. Although our dining capacity will be slightly reduced and there will be some changes to the way in which we will work and how customers will be looked after, we have worked hard to provide an environment that will continue to be as enjoyable as ever, but please bear with us and support the teams in their efforts to look after everyone properly, safely and in a relaxed fashion.
The Shepherd Hut on the terrace will also be open with a small ready to go menu, drinks and ice cream which can be enjoyed on the dedicated tables provided.
You will also now find a selection of our breads and cakes in the shop to take home and enjoy.
Before we partially reopened in May, we scrupulously worked through every detail of Government guidance, taking some aspects of this even further than advised, completed risk assessments, staff training and changed many of the layouts throughout the nursery to ensure that our customers time on site was both enjoyable and safe.
We would encourage you to take your own time to wander around and discover every area of the nursery where our team are always on hand for friendly guidance and advice.
Our opening hours from Monday 6th July will revert to our normal hours, seven days a week, from 9am to 5pm, except Sundays where we open from 10am – 5pm: café closing at 4.30pm every day.
For the time being, we will not be accepting any cash payments and all events, meeting spaces and the children’s play hut will remain closed and not bookable. All other outdoor spaces and gardens are open to be enjoyed by one and all.
As of Wednesday 23rd September, we will be fully complying with revised Government regulations on the wearing of face coverings. This will mean that customers will be required to wear a face mask or covering in all indoor areas at the nursery except when sat at a table to eat or drink.
There are some exemptions to the wearing of face masks which include
- Children under the age of 11
- Those not being able to put on, wear or remove a face covering because of a physical or mental illness or impairment, or disability
We thank all our customers for their support and acceptance of our existing measures in place and in advance of helping us manage this further change smoothly for the enjoyment and safety of all.
Some information that you might want to know:
- There is social distancing spacing in place for shopping and dining, with signage and markers where needed
- In line with guidelines, we have enforced and will control reduced site capacities
- There is a sanitising point at the entry to the Nursery and within all washrooms
- All trolleys and baskets are sanitised between uses
- There are no cash payments being accepted
- Customer contact points including chip and pin terminals are sanitised after each use
- For indoor spaces, customer numbers are limited to specific maximums
- One-way systems are in place where beneficial and necessary
- We have screens at payment points to protect customers and staff
- The toilets are currently restricted to one person or family group per use
- Additional sanitising and contact surface cleaning is in place